April 7, 2012

He is HOPE...the only HOPE.


Remember yesterday when I could be found saying "things could be worse" and "I have a pretty darn good life"?

Well...I still believe that....at least I'm trying to. 

A bombshell, of epic preportions, was dropped in my lap last night.

A heart racing, stomach lurching....life shattering...kind of bombshell.

I'd tell you the story but it's not mine to tell. What I can tell you is that the story affects my story directly...personally.

I'm sad.  Heartbroken.  I feel completely unprepared and incapable. 

Why now? Why ever?  I don't know. But I don't have to. 

The Lord is by my side...in fact, forget that....he is carrying me right now.  I have no strength to do it on my own today.  Some day...but not today.

The song I posted yesterday, Come to Jesus, holds new meaning for me.

The significance of this Easter weekend, and the Atonement of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, holds new meaning for me.

How grateful I am for Him. 

My brother.  My friends.  My HOPE.  The ONLY HOPE.
forMMM
 P.S. I love to hear from you! Leave a comment or e-mail me at melaniesmethodicalmusings at gmail dot com Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Melanie, I'm sorry that you have been heartbroken by something that affects you. I'll be thinking about you. You're a good example of someone holding on to her faith even in dark times!

Take care,
Tina

Melanie said...

Thank you Tina. I am certainly trying my hardest. Thank you for your thoughts. They are felt.

Rebecca said...

Melanie - now I know why you have been in my thoughts - and in my prayers - these past days (guess I should check your blog more often).

Hold fast to Christ... He is the one and only certain rock solid in this sad mixed up world. He is forever reaching out with love and healing in His arms - never heartbreak or pain. Lean on Him and you will find necessary strength and support at this time - and in all times!!

Love to you!!

Serenidad said...

Melanie, you are in my prayers! - Serenidad

DancingPrincessDesigns said...

Just getting around to reading this, Mel. I'm so sorry. I was just thinking today how hard it is to endure trials caused by OTHER peoples decisions/actions, simply because we are in the same boat with them.

I love you, and I know that our Savior loves you and WILL carry you! Call me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...